Monday: Map Testing
Tuesday: SRC Time, Symbolism in Setting Handout
Wednesday: Plot and Theme assignment on Google Classroom
Thursday: Narrative Writing Outcome Assessment
Friday: Narrative Writing Outcome Assessment Continued
Monday, September 29, 2014
Friday, September 19, 2014
Monday, September 15, 2014
- Monday Morning SRC
- Begin work on the first draft of your complete memoir. Instructions found on
- Continue to work on the first draft of your complete memoir.
- Field Trip! Work on your SRC on the bus if you can.
- Complete the work on the first draft of your complete memoir.
- No school!
at 9:35 AM
Friday, September 12, 2014
Wednesday, September 10, 2014
Tuesday, September 9, 2014
- DGP Week One, Tuesday
- Finish Evidence for Author's Experience of Events in a Memoir in class. Due at the beginning of class on Monday.
- Review the "Narrative Transitions" slideshow
at 11:25 AM
- DGP, Week 1, Monday
- Monday Morning Reading (SRC reading for 30 minutes)
- Log on to the Google Classroom, link found on the right side of this blog.
- Work on the Evidence for Author's Experience of Events in a Memoir assignment. We will have time to finish the assignment tomorrow.
at 6:48 AM
Thursday, September 4, 2014
Go over the Thursday sample in your DRP books on Page 3. Also, review the information on the marking guide for Thursday work on page 2.
From your list of 20 memoir ideas, you should have already circled three which will work best for memoirs for this class. Today you will complete a 1/2 page "short write" for each of these three memoir ideas. These short writes are pretty loose in nature and are mainly intended to help you start getting your ideas out onto paper.
On your 2 column chart that you created for "The Great Rat Hunt" complete the right-hand column by describing how the author/protagonist felt during each of the events listed in the left-hand column.
at 10:33 AM